Through the Mentorship Program, SACC-Chicago links ambitious young professionals with knowledgeable professionals and entrepreneurs. Our mission is to promote a mutual exchange of ideas and experience between mentors and mentees. The mentorship program provides members with excellent opportunities for entrepreneurial ventures and career success. The mentor should meet with the mentee as often as is deemed suitable by the participants, but we recommend no less than two in person meetings for the duration of the mentorship.
Mentees get a chance to learn from professionals who have extensive experience in their particular field of expertise. A mentor can teach the mentee how to cope with challenges in the work place, how to make the most out of their careers, as well as realizing business ideas and goals. The relationship benefits both parties in areas such as personal growth, career development, lifestyle enhancement, goal achievement and other fields of interest agreed upon by the mentor and mentee. This is a great opportunity to receive career mentorship wherever you are in your career.
The relationship will primarily focus on interpersonal support, career guidance, exchange of industry, knowledge and experience, sharing of wisdom, coaching and role modeling.
Benefits to You as a Mentor
- Benefits to You as a Mentee
– Opportunities to discuss entrepreneurial goals and business ideas.
– Feedback on your resume.
– Dedicated guidance on your career choice.
– An opportunity to learn from an individual with experience in your field.
– Valuable advice on how to progress professionally and achieve your career goals.
- Benefits to You as a Mentor
– A chance to meet with future business leaders offering fresh ideas and insights.
– An opportunity to give back, by sharing professional knowledge and experience with a person eager to learn.
– The satisfaction of helping a mentee progress toward their career goals.
– A chance to find motivated, driven and ambitious talent for your business organization.
The application process is open!
To become a Mentor/Mentee please send us an email and tell us more about your background and desire.[email protected]
Remember, the Mentorship program is offered at no cost to members of SACC Chicago!
SACC-Chicago YP Committee