Apply now for our Fall Internship position of 2019!
The Swedish American Chamber of Commerce in Chicago is seeking a highly motivated Intern for our Fall Internship position. An internship at SACC Chicago is an excellent opportunity to gain knowledge about international business while expanding your personal network. Application period for the Fall Internship begins in March.
SACC Chicago offers a qualified Swedish student the opportunity to be involved as an Executive Assistant for the Chamber. The position offers a unique opportunity to gain valuable “real world” experience and business related skills as well as developing a professional network in the Midwest region with some of the world’s most prominent companies.
The Intern will work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors. The Swedish American Chamber of Commerce is a membership based, not for profit organization, with over 170 members in the Chicago-land area and over 2,300 members in the US. The Intern will be involved in all daily activities, maintaining the membership database, update the homepage, social media, designing events and promoting and representing the chamber at board meetings, business and networking event. The Intern is also in charge of the Young Professionals monthly after work gatherings as well as the mentor program together with the Vice President of YP and co-edits the chambers quarterly newsletter FLASH.
Listed below are examples of benefits as a Trainee.
- Put theory into practice. You get to put your theoretical knowledge into practice. You will learn American methodologies and practices and will be able to compare differences between the U.S. and Sweden.
- American business experience. You will learn first-hand how business is conducted in the U.S.
- English language skills. You will improve your English speaking and writing skills, both general business-English and specific to your field.
- Cross-cultural Skills. You will develop an understanding of U.S. customs and culture and become adept at cross-cultural communication – a skill that will be invaluable in your future career.
- Competitive advantage. With international experience on your resume, you will immediately gain an advantage over your peers in the Swedish job market.
- International Network. You will start building a personal international support network
- Current or recent student at a Swedish institution of higher learning
- Interested in international trade promotion and networking
- Fluent in English both in writing and orally
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- J-1 visa eligibility
Start date: August 5, 2019
Duration of training period: 5 months (August 5, 2019 – January 17, 2020)
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship. As an intern abroad you can apply for scholarships and depending on your university program you may be eligible to receive student aid from CSN.
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Application deadline: April 15, 2019
Contact: Gunn Johnsson, [email protected], or call +1 312.257.3002.
Please submit your CV with a cover letter introducing yourself and a copy of your passport page showing your picture and date of birth.
For more information, please contact SACC Chicago or visit SACC USA Trainee.